at City of Rehoboth Beach in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Water Department Superintendent, operates heavy,
motorized equipment including dump trucks, tractors, sewer vacuum trucks, backhoes,
forklifts, and front-end loaders. Performs routine and emergency maintenance on
facilities and equipment. Operates, maintains, and repairs manholes, water/sewer lines,
water meters, and treatment works. The incumbent is expected to be able to report for
work after hours and on weekends for emergency repairs of critical equipment and
during any City weather emergency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Operates heavy equipment including backhoes and trucks to install water and sewer
• Repairs water leaks.
• Performs repairs on pumps, motors and other equipment.
• Loads and unloads heavy equipment.
• Performs routine and emergency maintenance on equipment.
• Collects, records, and monitors samples.
• Repairs and maintains manholes, sewer lines, and treatment pumps.
• Performs water meter readings and assists with repair and/or replacement of water
• Assists other Department employees as requested.
• Performs related work as required
City of Rehoboth Beach
229 Rehoboth Ave, PO Box 1163
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971