at Facebook in Dover, Delaware, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we are developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. We are currently seeking an experienced Integration Engineering Manager with a desire for working across the organization to develop technology and solve complex problems. Your job will be to manage a team of engineers who are embedded within the product level research and development team from early conceptualization, development of high-fidelity prototypes, through handoff to our partners in operations as we scale for mass production.
We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to high-volume consumer product solutions. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and will include internal partners in mechanical, electrical, optical, research experts, as well as a close collaboration with our partners in operations, hardware test, manufacturing and DFX. You will lead a team of engineers within the core development team with the responsibility to shape the future success of our products by bridging the gap between one-off Product Engineering prototypes and mass production solutions. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success leading teams through the development and execution of end-to-end manufacturing processes required for delivering emerging technologies.
1. Manage a team of Integration Engineers.
2. Identify key roles required for team success and recruit top engineering talent.
3. Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring, career development plans, performance management.
4. Lead Integration engineering team from early concurrent design engagements through small-scale prototyping, with line of sight to high volume production.
5. Collaborate across multiple internal teams on definition and execution of development activities, prototyping and development roadmaps for a diverse portfolio of products.
6. Build engineering capabilities and processes for product enablement, design verification, and pathway for mass production solutions.
7. Lead architecture and design reviews to ensure hardware quality.
8. Collaborate with leadership team and design partners to define compelling products and the processes needed to create them.
9. Build relationships with internal and industry partners to identify and develop execution strategies that scale from early proof of concept through transition to operations partners.
10. Guide Integration engineers through partnerships to improve designs, define processes, and develop equipment to manufacture and verify industry leading products.
11. Manage external design contractors and manufacturing technology partners in the design, creation, and qualification of assembly and characterization equipment and advanced manufacturing processes.
12. Evaluate prospective vendors (CM, Supply Chain) for process and quality capability based on project needs.
13. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, M.S. in related engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
14. 5+ years experience managing engineering teams through product development cycles.
15. 10+ years industry experience directly contributing to product development or high-volume manufacturing process engineering involving consumer electronics, electro-mechanical systems manufacturing, and integration within a concurrent environment.
16. Experience with communication skills, problem-solving, presenting data, and statistically based decision making.
17. Experience with electro-mechanical design and related manufacturing process including complex small-scale mechanical assemblies, design for assembly/manufacturing, interconnect design, FPCA/PCBA design, EE and ME component and material selection, design for EMI/RF, adhesive bonding, and system integration.
18. Experience with mass production in domestic and overseas manufacturing on consumer products.
19. Experience in DFx and for mechanical and electrical systems.
20. Experience in consumer product in electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical interactions (materials, enclosures, displays, thermal solutions, cables/FPCs, connectors).
21. Experience with managing external vendors to deliver on schedule.
22. MS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
23. 10+ years of experience managing design teams for high-volume consumer products.
24. Experience with handheld and wearable electronics, opto-mechanical assemblies, and complex consumer electronics.
25. Experience with design for six sigma, inclusive of structure problem solving approach, design experimentation and optimization (DOE), root cause and defect/failure analysis, FMEA, FEA, reliability testing, statistical data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge (MSA/GRR).
26. Experience with statistical analysis, including usage of tools such as JMP and Minitab.
27. Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and 2D/3D tolerance analyses.
28. Experience with fabrication and assembly processes including joining methods, sealing methods, mechanical assembly methods, and assembly testing.
29. Experience with fixture & equipment development, injection molding, adhesives, composites, and complex mechanisms.
30. Experience with high-speed automation, mechanized assembly, and testing for high volume products.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account