at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R114038
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Sr. Director, Product Governance
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. From our earliest days, we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we've grown bigger, we've found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined this human-centered approach with our heritage of data-driven decision making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
As Senior Director of Product Governance at Capital One, you will create strategy and lead a team through high priority projects for the company. You will collaborate with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You lead important and exciting projects from day one, working alongside key stakeholders across the company.
Responsibilities of a Senior Director, Product Governance:
Develop and maintain the systems and tools that Product Managers use in translating ideas into products that customers use (e.g. product development management process, objectives and key results systems, and traditional project management tools for coordinating cross-functional products)
Serve as a thought partner to Product Leaders in an effort to accelerate execution
Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders of varying seniority to drive the team to meet product roadmap milestones
Lead moderate to large sized teams to drive complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction
Drive continuous improvement and innovative approaches to risk management
Design, develop, and manage project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
Provide clear, crisp communication that inspires action and robust problem solving
Ensure projects are being delivered on time and on budget within a challenging environment while simultaneously managing risk
Work cross-functionally with project customers and Product Managers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
The person will:
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project or program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience or at least 5 years of experience working with internal cross functional clients in solving multi-stakeholder problems
- At least 5 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 Years of People Management experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801