at Unisite Design Inc in Denton, Maryland, United States
The Maintenance Mechanic works directly within the Maintenance Department to support production. They perform routine preventative maintenance and ensure that industrial production equipment continues to operate at maximum productivity, quality, and safety. They diagnose, repair, replace and install industrial equipment and machine parts for conveyors, presses, shears, etc. The maintenance mechanic also performs regular facility and building maintenance.
- Provide set-up/break-down, operation, and inspection of industrial equipment to support scheduled production runs
- Ensure operation of machinery, electrical and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other production equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of machinery, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Locate the source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices and machines
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other test measuring and diagnostic equipment
- Use common hand and power tools such as screwdrivers, saws, drills, wrenches, and hammers
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, technical documents, and work orders
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, policies, and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for 8 hours per day; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; have balance; and be able to stoop, kneel, push, pull, bend, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Unisite Design Inc
1105 Park Lane, Box 480
Denton, Maryland 21629