at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R103070
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Master Software Engineer (Profile GT.M)
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
We are looking for Profile Engineers with software development skills in Profile GT.M to join our team. Profile is a mid-range Unix based banking package based on the Mumps language and GT.M database. There is also a proprietary scripting language, PSL, used in the coding process. We hire engineers that have systems, Profile, and software backgrounds. The software engineering role within Capital One is critical to our success and one that focuses on building a highly reliable, scalable and measurable customer experience ensuring continued growth of Capital One's critical services in the Retail Bank.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
- You will be responsible for the definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business opportunities.
- Includes systems analysis, creation of specifications, coding, testing, and implementation of application programs and data interfaces.
- Develop complex applications using Profile application experience, MUMPS, PSL, UNIX, and Agile
- Build automation and monitoring solutions
- Requires a previous domain of experience in applications development.
- You will demonstrate experience with large scale application integration efforts
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Ensures that application designs are consistent with the attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead and/or mentor a team of engineers
At least 8 years experience in software engineering
At least 6 years experience in shell scripting
At least 6 years unix system management
At least 6 years of professional database experience (GT.M, SQL, MongoDB)
3+ years of experience in people leadership
3+ years experience in the AWS... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801