at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R100902
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for Profile Engineers with software development skills in Profile GT.M to join our team. Profile is a mid-range Unix based banking package based on the Mumps language and GT.M database. There is also a proprietary scripting language, PSL, used in the coding process. We hire engineers that have both systems, profile, and software backgrounds. The software engineering role within Capital One is critical to our success and one that focuses on building a highly reliable, scalable and measurable customer experience ensuring continued growth of Capital One's critical services in the Retail Bank.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
- You will be responsible for the definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business opportunities.
- Includes systems analysis, creation of specifications, coding, testing, and implementation of application programs and data interfaces.
- Develop complex applications using Profile application experience, MUMPS, PSL, UNIX, and Agile
- Build automation and monitoring solutions
- Requires a previous domain of experience in applications development.
- You will demonstrate experience with large scale application integration efforts
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Assures that application designs are consistent with the attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
At least 8 years experience in software engineering
At least 6 years experience in shell scripting
At least 6 years unix system management
At least 6 years of professional database experience (GT.M, SQL, MongoDB)
9+ years of experience in people leadership
9+ years experience in the AWS environment
9+ years of professional experience developing on Profile applications
9+ years experience with Linux server automation and administration
9+ years working in an agile environment
9+ years of experience in a data engineering
9+ years of experience in platform engineering
At this time, Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801