at Service Today in Bear, Delaware, United States
HVAC Service Technician Job Description
HVAC Service Technicians maintain and repair our customers' air quality systems. HVAC Service Technicians will assist with repairing and calibrating systems, and replacing various components such as transformers, thermostats and compressors. Service Techs diagnose problems, explain these to customers in clear, non-technical terms, relay costs to customers, and offer alternative solutions. Service Techs order and collect parts once customer gives approval, and communicate with supervisor regarding challenges.
To ensure success, a service techs customer service skill should be as good as their technical aptitude, and they need to be well-versed in safety precautions. Top candidates are detail-oriented, organized and friendly.
HVAC Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services.
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses.
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning reheat coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units.
- Improving air quality by cleaning ducts to optimize efficiency.
- Fixing, replacing and adjusting vents, and ductwork.
- Ensuring condensation drain line is free of debris and draining properly.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance functions.
- Maintaining service truck.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Health and Safety Act.
HVAC Service Technician Requirements:
- Residential HVAC Technical Experience
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Universal EPA Certification
- Clear Background Check and Drug Screen
- Proficient electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Physically agile, dexterous, and able to work in confined spaces.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
108 Carson Drive
Bear, Delaware 19701