at ShopRite in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
POSITION TITLE: Clerk as a Cashier
POSITION SUMMARY: Process customer purchases in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Provides customers with superior service
- Operates cash-register keyboard, scale, scanner and peripheral hardware.
- Scans and/or manually enters the customer's product
- Notifies supervisor of NOF (not on file) items.
- Identifies produce items and scans / enters produce codes
- Processes all US legal tender in accordance with Federal, State, and Company policies and procedures.
- Verifies customer identification for tobacco and ID required tenders.
- Bags the customer's order
- Cleans the work station and surrounding area
- Returns out of place product to its proper location
- Straightens displays
- Straightens product on shelves
- Replenishes bag supplies
- Pushes empty shopping carts to their correct location
- Uses baler or trash compactor
- Performs UFCW Local 27 duties incl. stock, bagging, and cash register
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English and performs basic math skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to perform the job while standing
- Full range of motion from kneeling to standing repeatedly with ability to reach shelves above the shoulder
- Ability to push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product
- Ability to lift product and supplies up to 20 lbs.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account