at ShopRite in Bear, Delaware, United States
POSITION TITLE: Clerk in the Dairy Department
POSITION SUMMARY: The dairy department clerk is responsible for establishing and maintaining sales, and profit goals through correct ordering and handling and merchandising of Dairy products.
- Provides customers with superior service
- Has knowledge of product
- Opens boxes of product using case cutter when appropriate
- Places product on Dairy case shelves
- Straightens out shelves
- Sees that unit price labels are correct
- Rotates product
- Keeps Dairy department fixtures, equipment, and area clean and free of accident hazards at all times.
- Practice safe food handling regarding temperatures, cross contamination, & hygiene
- Operates a power or hand jack
- Unloads trucks
- Builds displays
- Ensures that all sale items are properly signed
- Checks product received against invoice
- Orders product as instructed by the Department Manager
- Removes damaged or outdated product to designated area
- Removes trash to designated areas and recycles as directed
- Removes Cardboard to baler area and operates baler
- Does price changes.
- Finds more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve labor productivity.
- Maintains reasonable and adequate supply of labels, tape, and other necessary supplies.
- Performs UFCW Local 27 duties incl. stock, bagging, and cash register
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English and performs basic math skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to perform the job while standing
- Full range of motion from kneeling to standing repeatedly with ability to reach shelves above the shoulder
- Ability to lift product and supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in cooler temperatures of 40o F
- Ability to push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product
- Ability to work without supervision