at Robert Half in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Description There is an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant with a terrific company. Looking for strong compensation and excellent benefits? This position could advance your career! Staff Accountant candidates who are ambitious and detail-oriented will be interested in Robert Half Finance’s opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. Based in the Wilmington, Delaware area, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. This role’s duties will require you to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This position will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Those with a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets are preferred.
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Perform the month end close and produce journal entries under minimal supervision
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions Requirements – Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.