at ShopRite in Bear, Delaware, United States
POSITION TITLE: Night Crew Clerk
POSITION SUMMARY: Replenish grocery product on shelves and/or displays in order to prepare for next day's business
- Provides customers with superior service
- Has knowledge of product
- Takes the 1st 15 minutes to clean his/her assigned area
- Opens boxes of product using case cutter when appropriate
- Places product on shelf and/or displays following proper set allocations and pricing policies.
- Blocks down shelf
- Works through backstock and condenses backroom to minimize inventory.
- Sees that unit price labels are correct
- Builds displays
- Disposes of cardboard, trash, and damaged merchandise using appropriate store procedures and policies. (e.g. recycling)
- Orders assigned areas to fill to max.
- Orders assigned specials to department standards
- Works to specified percentage of R/E program
- Fills out appropriate paper work
- Operates power or hand jacks
- Works from captive cart to table to shelf.
- Removes damaged merchandise to designated area
- Removes trash to designated area
- Breaks down cardboard before operating baler
- Does appropriate UPL maintenance.
- Helps design and/or construct perimeter displays.
- Unloads trucks
- Clears floor before leaving (Boxes reclamation)
- Performs UFCW Local 27 duties incl. stock, bagging, and cash register
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English and performs basic math skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to perform the job while standing
- Full range of motion from kneeling to standing repeatedly with ability to reach shelves above the shoulder
- Ability to lift product and supplies up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to operate a Telxon (Hand-held terminal for ordering and inventory control)
- Ability to push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product
- Ability to use mechanical equipment, e.g. baler or forklift