at Apex Systems, Inc in NEW CASTLE, Delaware, United States
Apex Systems has a direct hire opening for an EH&S Manager in Delaware!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager will lead all aspects of risk-based health, safety and environmental programs at the both of our DE facilities. The EH&S Manager will be the primary contact for EHS compliance and manage interactions with regulatory agencies. She/he will partner with Facilities, Chemistry, Manufacturing and other departments to provide support and coordination of overall EH&S compliance and implementation of procedures and training consistent with the Company’s policies and guiding principles.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement appropriate EH&S, Industrial Hygiene and Process Safety programs and necessary related training.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain documentation for Air Quality registrations and or permits. Conduct inspections of exhaust and safety equipment as required.
- Evaluate working conditions across the site to identify and mitigate potential hazards, risks and unsafe conditions.
- Facilitate and coordinate EH&S Safety Committee activities internal to the Client.
- Conduct workplace inspections and identify safety hazards to assure compliance to policy and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and test emergency response plans and keep them current.
- Liaison with all functional areas within the company to assure all EH&S issues are fully understood and executed.
- Ensure all regulatory standards relating to chemical inventory, labeling, and safety data sheets are met and kept up to date.
- Assure EH&S record keeping provides timely reporting to both internal organizations and external agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to EH&S.
- Use appropriate communications and escalations to inform upper management of all EH&S related events including, but not limited to injuries, illnesses, emergency incidents, including updates until root cause, corrective and preventive actions are identified and implemented.
- Participate in the development of projects and prevention initiatives, as well as participate in incident/accident investigation and identify and implement appropriate corrective action.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Occupational Health and Safety major preferred
- a BS in Engineering, Chemistry or Business-related discipline will be acceptable with the proper experience
- CSP or other certifications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state and local regulations governing environmental, health and safety standards.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel
- 5 years of professional experience in an industrial EH&S leadership role, preferred.
- Technical expertise in occupational health and safety with a strong emphasis in chemical safety/compatibility.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and OHSAS 18001 program development preferred.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, and clients. Write scientific reports and synthesis procedures in order to enable other researchers. Effective presentation of information and responses to questions from managers, co-workers, and clients.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate charges for reactions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Ability to solve problems and analyze data without supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have significant knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Explorer; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel
Our highly competitive employee package offers medical, dental and vision benefits 100% employer paid. Also included are:
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- A generous time-off policy that includes up to twelve weeks of maternity/parental leave
We want you to start with us and retire with us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Apex Systems, Inc
NEW CASTLE, Delaware 19720