at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R110550
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Data Analyst
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work - Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
* Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
* Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
* Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
* Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
* Drive analysis that provides meaningful insights on business strategies
* Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
* Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
* Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
Our ideal candidate will have
* Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
* Scripting experience in (Python, R, Spark, and SQL)
* Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data)
* Experience utilizing and developing within AWS services
* Bachelor's Degree plus 1 year of Data Analytics experience or a Masters' degree
* At least 1 year of experience in at least one scripting language
* At least 1 year of experience utilizing a business intelligence visualization tool
* At least 1 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
* Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
* At least 2 years of experience coding in Python, R, Spark, or SQL
* At least 2 years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies - Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
* At least 1 year of experience utilizing and developing within AWS services
* At least 1 year of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools (i.e. Informatica DQ)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801