at Fiserv in Dover, Delaware, United States
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1) Provide technical guidance, direction and leadership in a technical leadership position
2) Incident Management – Severity assessment, initiate and manage bridge, document; categorize, times, recovery actions.
3) Problem Management – Create and manage Problem Records and Tasks to document Root Cause, Corrective Actions.
4) Change Management – Review Change Requests verifying proper processes, documentation, scheduling and approvals.
5) Maintenance of all necessary ITIL practices in accordance with Fiserv policy
6) Establish data center polices and ensure adherence to corporate IT and compliance standards
7) Review, develop project plans, certify and install new releases and system updates for a growing financial institution client base supporting multiple high availability applications.
8) Maintain a working knowledge of how various applications operate, how they interact with one another, skills to identify production errors and familiarity of the organization to contact the appropriate individual to correct issues.
9) Maintain ’best practices" change control procedures to ensure preauthorization and accurate record keeping for all application level changes.
10) Diagnose and respond to customer support service call requests.
11) Attend various product meetings to discuss status of new client installations, provide timelines as they pertain to new release installations, and access client requests.
12) Ability to meet flexible work schedules which are determined by off hours coverage requirements.
13) Focus on continuous improvement through automation, re-engineering and streamlining to reduce risk/exposure and optimize upgrades/installations
14) Troubleshoot issues for applications by reviewing application logs, IIS logs, Event logs.
15) Use / configuration of enterprise tools such as ServiceNow, Splunk, Dynatrace and Moogsoft
16) Review service and performance compliance to documented standards.
17) Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
• Certifications – ITIL V3 preferred
• Minimum # years’ experience required – 4
• Type of work experience required -4 years
• A technology leader with vision and a view to continuous improvement
• Experience in Incident, Problem & Change management
• Familiarity with ITIL processes
• Familiarity / involvement with IT projects
• Strong working knowledge of Windows operating environment
• Strong working knowledge of IIS
• Strong working knowledge of SQL programming language and scripting
• Oracle Database Knowledge
• Ability to work on complex technical issues
• SQL, PL/SQL, and Hyperion SQR Production Reporting
• Have strong verbal communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Experienced in handling stringent SLAs
• Ready to work in 24/7 environment.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education: .
• An approach to your work that is self-directed and highly motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Proven research and analytical skills.
• Strong documentation / transition skills
• Good Knowledge of risk awareness, knowledge of risk/audit disciplines and controls
• Proficient technical aptitude and exceptional personal computer skills – MS Office
• Strong team skills
• Experience working in the financial industry
• Ability to effectively assess operational inefficiencies and develop / re-tool streamlined solutions
Who we are:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers’ expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, and general ledger and accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their back-office operations.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.