at Air Liquide USA LLC in Newport, Delaware, United States
*Senior Manager, Aerospace Apply*
Located in Newport, DE.
Senior Manager, Aerospace
*World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health*, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
*Entity and activity description*
The GM&T WBU delivers technological solutions (molecules, equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition, maritime logistics and scientific exploration, in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth.
To support the energy transition, GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio-Natural Gas for vehicles, refrigerated transport using nitrogen, but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
As a player of the deep tech sector, GM&T commercializes technologies dedicated to Space, Aerospace and scientific exploration. GM&T also supplies gases for players in of the maritime sector and provides logistics for cryogenic transportation by sea of value added molecules, such as helium.
GM&T employs 1,800 people world-wide and generated a 2017 revenue of 372 million.
The Senior Manager will lead the ALATUS Aerospace business unit and help shape the global strategy to drive revenue and increase market share for Air Liquide's portfolio of aerospace products, specifically membrane technologies incorporated within aircraft fuel systems (OBIGGS). As business needs and markets permit, this individual will grow and lead a team focused on deploying creative value-add solutions to expand Air Liquide's offering into the OBIGGS market.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Promote safety as first priority in business operations;
* Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the continued development of the aerospace market;
* Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company's ambitious growth objectives;
* Maintain responsibility for achievement of aerospace market sales and margin targets, and augment existing momentum to generate new programs;
* Understand the company's financial objectives and develop strategic plans to meet those goals;
* Identify and attend trade shows and conventions, representing the company in a professional manner while gathering leads and contacts;
* Research the target market globally to develop a full understanding of the competitive landscape and how Air Liquide's membrane technologies should be positioned within the space;
* Identify and target prospective leads, make contact and develop sustained business to business relationships by aggressively pursuing all viable leads;
* Develop knowledge and expertise of customer procurement procedures to ensure engagement with the customer in the planning and implementation stages of the project;
* Lead negotiations with customers/partners through closing, including drafting and redlining of technical, commercial and contract documents;
* Manage internal direct and matrixed resources from customer contact through to order receipt and project handover;
* Develop a thorough understanding of Air Liquide and adjacent technologies and how these technologies enhance the efficiency and quality of customer's operations;
* Provide market feedback to Air Liquide leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and product development ideas;
* Identify new and changing needs of customers and work with Air liquide management in developing innovative solutions to meet those needs;
* Support and create proposals/quotations in collaboration with colleagues from other business units and divisions;
* Collaborate with ALAT and other Air Liquide entities to find synergies and align strategies in the global aerospace market;
* Collaborate with the management and production teams to develop order and inventory forecasts;
* Collaborate with other members of the sales team and engineering team for process development and improvement;
* Ensure that Air Liquide risk management processes are respected and executed for acquiring business.
*Qualifications & Competencies*
* BS in Science or Engineering discipline (Aerospace, Chemical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
* 7+ years of customer relationship /sales environment experience
* Have inventive business development skills and can display negotiation skills with a high level of enthusiasm
* Expertise in sales with focus on business development in the area of innovation
* Working knowledge and/or interest of aerospace applications, with hands-on industrial sales and business development background
* Demonstrated ability to influence employees and stakeholders to gain buy-in and lead project efforts
* Ability to conceptualize and communicate business & technology needs
* Ability to lead teams consisting of personnel from several groups (Manufacturing, Legal, Operations, Accounting, Quality etc.)
* Demonstrates strong process and operational safety behavior at all times.
* Demonstrated understanding of Engineering and Engineering/Procurement models
* Demonstrated ability to present technical information to promote technology
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Self starter with the ability to work with a remote team across multiple time zones
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
* Ability to prioritize tasks and opportunities based on changing business needs
* Typical of an office environment with frequent travel for customer presentations, training,
* field testing, plant start-up & commissioning supervision
* Must be willing to work outside normal business hours as needed to support customers and internal stakeholders in different timezones.
* Ability to travel 25%+ of time, and potentially higher during busy times, including a portion of international travel to support colleagues and customers.
*The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.*
We are an equal opportunity employer. Everyone will be considered for employment, promotions, transfers, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental handicap, age, Vietnam era veteran status, disabled veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
Air Liquide USA LLC
Newport, Delaware 19804