at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Battery Technology Manager to join our growing Advanced Performance Materials team! This position will report directly to the Global Technology Manager of PTFE and Battery Technology at our Newark, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead a global team of technical service and R&D scientists, coordinate program activities and resourcing, guide development and testing laboratories. Monitor and evaluate progress and results, and determine improvements or changes needed to achieve goals. Facility safety and a focus on building knowledge and documentation.
- Guide university and industry collaborations with key milestones and deliverables with efficient resource allocations. Engage with customers to support and grow adoption and advancement of technology.
- Develop and implement a new product development pipeline for next generation lithium batteries including binder, separator, and other relevant battery materials, meeting key milestones and timelines.
- Expand global laboratory capabilities to support product development and customer requirements.
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry.
- 5 years experience in Advanced Materials Science
- Technical Experience with advanced materials R&D and/or Technical Service
- Up to 20% travel: domestic and international possible
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Additional Education Preferred PhD with experience in lithium-ion battery materials and/or systems engineering a plus.
- Technical Experience in lithium-ion battery materials and/or systems engineering, 5 years including bachelors, graduate school, and post-doctoral experience a plus.
- Project management experience, experience leading technical teams and laboratories.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually ev
Newark, Delaware 19725