at APN Software Services Inc. in Newark, Delaware, United States
Company is seeking a responsible, professional and self-motivated individual to fill an open position in our Automation Platform System Engineering team. As an integral member of this team, candidates will be expected to make a significant contribution towards achieving customer satisfaction goals by providing technical product support and supporting engineering changes to company's automation platforms. Specific activities will focus on technical product support, design change and commercial product engineering.
Develops laboratory automation products knowledge. Provides in-house and client tech support for laboratory automation products. Provides support in design and modifications of automation solutions. Provides support in software integration, development and testing. Provides support in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. The successful candidate will communicate technical and commercial issues to the stakeholders. May recommend new designs, new processes or design changes to meet requirements.
- Able to work cooperatively in a timeline-focused, matrixed, team environment across different company's locations to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Provides technical product support and guidance to proactively maintain product performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware and software issues.
- Diagnose and Investigate customer reported problems, applies standard troubleshooting tools and concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
- Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the concern.
- Participate in software testing. Understand testing methodologies. Create and executes test cases. Create verification plan and reports.
- Perform product maintenance and configuration duties. Execute software and hardware upgrades as needed.
- Conduct acceptance and integration testing of new software releases. Evaluate potential risks and develop test protocols to identify those risks.
- Support validation and integration of new components and tools.
- Support creation of documents like product and technical manuals.
- Performs and documents Risk Assessments.
- Process design change for automation systems with connected modules and analytical instrument systems
- Ability to follow a project from conceptual design through final stages
- Able to work with other engineers to develop and implement new products or changes in existing products.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all designs, drawings, and project related email using Outlook and network/hard drive folders
- Familiar with Technical Product Support and Engineering Change Control activities
- Develops recommendations and implement solutions that reflect customer and company's business needs.
- Close cooperation with colleagues in other departments for efficient achievement of shared targets
- May provide general guidance to support team and/or train lower level support staff.
- Travel to different company's locations required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of system level design change through successful completion of assignments.
- 5-8+ years of experience in design change in the following areas: complex mechanical, electrical and software systems, Bill of Material Management, and design change organization.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering required.
- Strong problem-solving skills leveraging known methodologies such as fault tree, fishbone, 5 why and others.
- Ability to employ analytical skills in projects such as statistical data interpretation, computer simulations and complex calculations
- Capable of communicating effectively with various target audiences delivering content ranging from executive summaries to detailed technical explanations. Ability to graphically represent large data in simplified form.
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to oversee and control several projects at a time (multi-task)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required company's vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
- Good English language in speaking and writing for negotiating and for approaching shared targets
- Proven ability to work as a member of an international, multi-located team
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, APN Software is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. APN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
APN Software Services Inc.
Glasgow Business Community
Newark, Delaware 19702