at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
*Job ID:* R110010
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
SEC Reporting, Principal Associate
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to a team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the SEC Reporting team as a Principal Associate focusing on the accurate and timely filing of SEC periodic reports, such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and the disclosures required by the Basel Capital and Liquidity Coverage Ratio rules. Responsibilities include preparation and review of consolidated financial statements, compliance with SOX policies and procedures, and performing technical accounting research.
* Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual earnings releases, periodic SEC filings and regulatory disclosure.
* Review supporting documentation to substantiate information included in each quarterly disclosure document.
* Draft quantitative and qualitative disclosures by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information as needed.
* Provide technical support on disclosure issues to ensure the appropriate application of the SEC, GAAP and federal rules.
* Provide guidance on the adoption and implementation of new accounting disclosure standards.
* Work with reporting stakeholders to ensure alignment on quantitative and qualitative disclosures.
* Act as liaison between SEC Reporting and investor relations, legal counsel, business segments, internal audit and external auditors.
* Prepare material for senior management and committee reporting.
* Prepare variance analyses, trend analyses, and reconciliations.
* Complete disclosure checklists to ensure disclosure compliance.
* Assist in external audit coordination and internal audit reviews.
* Support internal controls and attestation compliance requirements.
* Drive process improvements and support implementation of automated financial tools.
*Ideal candidate should possess*
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks
* Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes
* Experience with financial accounting reporting systems
* Financial institution experience
* Bachelor degree or military experience
* At least 3 years of accounting experience, or at least 3 years of audit experience, or at least 3 years of finance experience
* At least 2 years of SEC Reporting experience
* At least 1 year of financial institution experience
* At least 1 year of financial and accounting reporting systems
* At least 1 year of experience with Python or at least 1 year of SQL experience
* At least 1 year of experience with XBRL
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801