at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
*Job ID:* R109128
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Business Analyst - Savings, Forecasting and Economics
*Summary:* As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Savings, Forecasting and Economics team within the Retail Bank is responsible for the pricing, strategy and analytics of our Savings and CD products. In total, we manage over $200B in deposits that generated more than $2.5B in NIM revenue in 2020. In this role, you will be focused on customer, product and external analytics that help to define our future Bank strategy. This means leading opportunity identification and sizing, business case development, analyzing results with an eye towards improvement and contributing to c-suite level presentations. In this role, you will partner directly with Marketing, Product, Finance teams and others to help drive forward a winning Bank strategy.
* Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
* Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
* Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
* Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
* Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
* Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
* Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
* Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
* Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
* Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 1 year of experience in analysis
* Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
* 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
* 1+ years of experience in market research
* 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
* 2+ years of experience in business analysis
* 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801