at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
*Job ID:* R109954
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Distinguished Engineer- Retail Bank
Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive to be diverse in thought so we visualize the problem space. At Capital One, we believe diversity of thought strengthens our ability to influence, collaborate and provide the most innovative solutions across organizational boundaries. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact our trajectory and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions.
* Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
* Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
* Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
* Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
* Leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
As a member of our engineering teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
At Retail Bank Money Movement, we are building platforms to offer Money Movement as service and make it easy, but still secure for client teams to move money using different mechanisms. We are building platforms to execute a variety of transactions, schedule for future processing and an Address book to service different types of destinations. Distinguished engineer for the platform is responsible for connecting dots between these platforms and driving teams towards the target state. That person is also responsible to make these platforms scalable and resilient as the adoption grows and they become more critical for the bank.
* Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
* Build awareness, increase knowledge and drive adoption of modern technologies, sharing consumer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
* Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others' ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
* Promote a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities to reuse and inner-source solutions where possible
* Be hands on and get involved in writing code, designing systems, and mentor engineers
* Operate as a trusted advisor for a specific technology, platform or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an unified manner
* Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One's Tech talent
* Make sure the overall end-to-end software arch of the platform is cohesive and evolving toward target needs
* Work with individual teams to do design reviews and code reviews and help them formulate designs and approaches to solve for known and emerging challenges
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 7 yrs experience in software development
* At least 5 yrs of experience in implementing software design principles and patterns
* At least 5 yrs of experience architecting enterprise scale applications
* Masters' Degree
* 9+ years of software engineering experience
* 2+ years of designing cloud native apps in AWS
* 2+ years of experience with payment and transactional systems
* 4+ years of designing scalable and resilient distributed systems
* Published technical blogs or presented in internal and external conferences
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One Services II, LLC
300 Delaware Ave Ste 900
Wilmington, Delaware 19801