at Apex Systems, Inc in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Apex Systems direct client is currently kicking off a modernization/transformation initiative and looking for an individual to help spearhead this from a technical and business standpoint. Prior experience would include hands on technical leadership, driving technical solutions, working with business and executive leadership and overall advancing the technical platform for the organization. This individual will be tasked with getting their hands dirty, not simply directing others on what to do. This role will not be considered a Management or Director role with direct reports and “delegation of task.” Individual will partner with Technical and Business leads day to day to oversee the transformation initiative and drive business/process flows. The successful individual will have passion for being involved in proof of concepts and/or vendor/technology research and how to drive business/technical solutions.
Location: Wilmington, DE
Type of Employment: Full-Time/Permanent
Applicable Titles: Technical Manager | Systems Architect | Solution Architect
Our client is responsible for leading innovation and change management across the organizations 6 parent organizations. The right candidate will collaborate with business and technology subject matter experts to lead the design, development and implementation of electronic and digital capabilities supporting new and renewal business, endorsements, policy issuance and processing to support automation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Challenge the status quo of traditional submission, issuance, service and contribute to the creation of an automated eco system
- Evaluate current/emerging technology capabilities supporting product design, underwriting, policy issuance/renewal and billing/payment processing
- Design and execute proof-of-concepts to validate new/emerging capabilities relative to business need
- Lead due diligence, scoping and estimation of new initiatives
- Collaborate with Actuarial, Underwriting and Data Science teams to identify and implement methods for pricing risk beyond traditional methods
- Partner with portal team to influence capabilities, functionality and user experience
- Develop and execute API’s connecting internal/external applications to meet business needs
- Create technology driven solution(s) to meet current/emerging business need
- Develop business case/cost justification, schedule, resource and timelines for selected initiatives using agreed upon methodology and tools
- Ensure all initiatives comply with development, security and legal/regulatory requirements
- For tactical initiatives: serve as project manager, complete coding and testing
- Identify opportunities to consolidate, upgrade or outsource existing technology platform(s) to improve total cost of ownership
- Demonstrates the WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors while performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Measures of Success:
- +20% - 30% improvement in new business growth (policy/premium) compared to current run rate
- Operating expense targets meet/exceed
- Completely automated underwriting, bind, and issuance process for selected LOB’s and classes
- Submission process for the selected LOB’s and classes in 7 minutes or less
- Establish a continuous feedback loop; Agent, Associate, Customer, to foster continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Ability to develop, implement and interpret data analytics to make fact based decision
- Ability to collaborate across functions: product development, product management, underwriting, data science, actuarial, and technology specialist
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 15% - 25% of time
- 3+ years of experience in strategic planning, project management, and/or management consulting
- 3+ years of experience within the property & casualty insurance industry
- Experience working with Salesforce or Tableau software applications
- Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
Applications Delivery Lead
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Apex Systems, Inc
Wilmington, Delaware 19801