at Bank of America in Newark, Delaware, United States
Credit Assistance Specialist
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Outreach to delinquent or high-risk customers to secure payment and determine reason for delinquency on active or inactive loan, deposit and/or credit card accounts
• Negotiation of repayment plans on outstanding debt that benefit both the client and lender
• Work with customer in a positive and professional manner to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements
• Provide consumer credit assistance, including submission of extension requests and other recovery activities
• Solve complex billing problems and inquiries, and negotiate complex payment programs or arrangements while staying within collections compliance guidelines
• Demonstrate empathy for the client’s situation using ethical behavior that is consistent with the bank’s code of conduct
• Read disclosures verbatim each time they are needed
• Meet key performance indicators as outlined by management, achieve capture rate and complaint documentation standards each month
• At least 1 year of customer service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work within the operating hours and days for this position as outlined in the posted job requisition
• Must have a commitment to exceptional customer service, including the ability to be empathetic and meet client needs
• Must be proficient in dealing with customers issues in both a routine and complex environment
• Must demonstrate negotiation and persuasion skills, and the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of customers and clients
• Must have the ability to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer, as well as the ability to think critically and use sound judgment in decision making
• College degree or commensurate work experience preferred
• Credit Assistance and collections experience
• Inbound/Outbound call center experience
• Banking/financial services experience
• Knowledge of banking operations
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
To view the “EEO is the Law” Supplement, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\EEO\Supplement\Final\JRF\QA\508c.pdf) .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account