at JPMorgan Chase in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation. You will work with each of the Product Owners to develop a clear and concise Agile story and participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and daily stand up discussions as part of an application development scrum team. You will adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Enforcement of development and testing standards will be achieved through regular code reviews of peers.
Additionally, you will work with your team to ensure proper documentation of detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules, and develop and enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews, identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues. You will be expected to encourage collaboration within your team as well as across development teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of Application Development work experience – Agile environment preferred
• Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills
• 2+ years of Java /J2EE application development, REST and services Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience with messaging (JMS/MQ/Kafka) based integration and microservices is preferred
• Programming with NoSQL (Cassandra) a plus
• Hadoop, Spark and BigData experience is a plus
• Must have working experience on any of the Spring Framework components like AOP, Integration, MVC , Sprint boot etc
• Good understanding of Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Repository Management (Git)
• Experience with Behavior Data Driven Functional testing using Cucumber Scripts
• Must have good analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goalsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Wilmington, Delaware 19893