at Kent General Hospital in Dover, Delaware, United States
RN PATIENT CARESend This Job to a Friend Department
Part time 48 (Two week Payperiod)Shift
Pay Grade 080 (Minimum hourly rate $29.60/hr)Hours
7a-7pContact Information Contact: Alana King Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Job Details Associate Degree RN Required 1 year of experience required
Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus’s Emergency and Trauma Services Department (ED) is a Level III Trauma Center serves over 52,000 patients per year, The 24-hour Trauma Team and Emergency Room is staffed by physicians board-certified in emergency medicine and specially trained nurses. The Kent Campus Emergency and Trauma Services Department (ED) features:
+ 40 beds
+ 3 bed fast track
+ 4 trauma/resuscitation beds
+ Behavioral Health treatment area
+ “Vertical Bed” area
The department includes four nursing stations, several medication areas, and two nurse greeter/triage area.
Registered nurses care for patients suffering from life-threatening illnesses and injuries, with the ability to prioritize critical care needs for patients of all ages.
A preferred candidate will have:
· A minimum of 1-2 years of Emergency and/or Acute Care Registered Nursing experience
· Ability to develop a plan of care for the acute care patient that includes quality, safe, evidenced-base nursing care for patients of all ages. Must be able to participate in decision-making, delegate when appropriate, and take action based on ethical principles.
· Clinical knowledge to manage a variety of skills including managing conscious sedation, management of ventilators/BiPAP/CPAP, peripheral IV insertion, various splinting techniques, etc.
· Clinical knowledge of triage, assessment, evaluation, education, and intervention for patients with cardiac, respiratory, acute stroke, psychiatric illnesses, and traumatic injuries for patients from neonatal to end-of-life stages
· BLS Required. ACLS, PALS, TNCC, and ENPC may be required per manager’s direction and timeframe. NRP is preferred.
· Must be able to utilize electronic medical record to enter, collect, and analyze data
· Demonstrate nursing standards including values of compassion, accountability, respect, integrity, and teamwork
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned unit with a commitment to quality and safety. Professional nursing practices, requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill are performed using the process in accordance with hospital policy, procedures and nursing philosophy.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) Demonstrates the ability to identify and perform patient centric care
2) Ability to develop a plan of care that prescribes specific interventions to achieve optimal outcomes
3) Must demonstrate quality, safe and effective care for all patients
4) Must be able to participate in decision making and take actions based on ethical principles
5) Must be able to utilize electronic medical record to enter, collect and analyze data to improve the health status of those patients that require care
6) Ability to understand and execute performance improvement measures
7) Demonstrates nursing standards with a standard of values of compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and teamwork
8) All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of job responsibilities
Must have an Associate Degree /Graduate of an accredited nursing program/university
Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon interview; BSN preferred.
Computer literacy with experience in electronic documentation experience: EPIC Health Electronic Records (HER) documentation preferred.
Current DE RN licensure or eligibility to obtain prior to job offer, BLS required.
ACLS / PALS may be required per manager’s direction and timeframe.
Commit to seeking specialty certification within time frame as indicated during interview.
Kent General Hospital
Dover, Delaware 19904