at Incyte Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
This position, provides oversight and strategic direction to all Immunobiology related research programs. The position is accountable for designing and implementing scientific strategy across Incyte's research pipeline of programs targeting Inflammation, Autoimmunity and Immuno-Oncology. Specific functions include the evaluation of external assets, the identification and validation of novel targets, oversight and direction for external partners and CRO's, and managerial accountability of internal scientists to execute on a research and pipeline plan with clear deliverables and resource needs. Among other responsibilities, this position contributes to regulatory filings (including INDs, NDAs and BLAs), protects Incyte's IP position with patentable data generation and ideation, and participates in Incyte's external scientific presence with publications and presentations at scientific meetings and congresses. The position requires close collaboration with functional partners to ensure an integrated and strategic approach to aligned execution.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
* (Non-clinical pharmacology) Drive the discovery strategy and execution, including managing a team of skilled scientists (PhD and non-PhD levels) and accept accountability for the generation of high quality data, to investigate novel programs in the area of inflammation, autoimmunity, immune-oncology and other immune-related therapy areas.
* Champion opportunities for strategic and scientific synergies across the immunology pipeline; ensure full alignment and research/translational participation at all stages of the pipeline to influence strategy and execution
* Maintain an excellent grasp on emerging areas of immunology research that present as opportunity or potential competitive advantages, including fostering/leveraging external collaborations in support of our discovery and development programs.
* Participate as part of the New Target evaluation team in evaluating proposals across all therapy lines and provide support and direction for improving the New Target Selection Process, as appropriate. Propose new targets, and/or support and mentor scientists bringing forward new target proposals.
* Champion novel technology platforms (build, expand and improve capabilities) to solidify Incyte's position as an Innovative leader in the industry
* Set strategy for immunology research areas and maintain strategic focus across multiple complex drug discovery programs in prioritizing resource allocation and drive decisions consistent with corporate goals.
* Provide scientific expertise/direction and leadership to the organization, including the Biology LT, as a representative of immunology research and collaborative efforts with Key External Experts
* Responsible for generation of key pharmacological data in support of discovery programs, and effectively communicates data and decisions/prioritization to senior leadership and stakeholders.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
* PhD (or equivalent) in biological sciences including molecular/cell biology, pharmacology, or biochemistry with focus on immunobiology.
* 15+ years of experience in an academic and/or industry setting.
* Recognized scientific expert as evidenced by inventorship, and strong publication record in peer reviewed journals
* Proven record of successfully delivering small molecule and/or biologics programs from discovery to early clinical development and demonstrable impact of contributions to drug development programs at all stages of the pipeline
* Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring scientific team(s), with both direct and indirect people management experience, and an ability to grow and develop talent at multiple levels
* Previous experience with prioritizing competing portfolio demands, managing budgets and internal/ external resources
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general... For full info follow application link.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.