at Department of Labor in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Fiscal Advisor I
Opening Date 12/6/2023 12:00:00 AM
Closing Date 12/19/2023 11:59:00 PM
Type of Recruitment Open Competitive
Salary Yearly: $32,731.00
Salary Plan G23
Pay Grade 10
Shift Hours 8:00am - 4:30pm
Employment Type Actual Vacancy
Employment Term Regular
Agency DOL/Administration / Office of the Secretary
Location(s) Fox Valley: (4425 N Market St, Wilmington, DE, 19802)
Telework Eligible YesSummary Statement - This is entry level fiscal advisor work analyzing financial transactions and records and preparing financial statements and reports to control and account for funds. Employees perform the full range of Essential Functions, completing routine and standardized assignments under close supervision. Career Ladder Upon satisfactory completion of department promotional standards and job requirements, employees may be eligible to be promoted to the next level. Essential Functions Essential functions are fundamental and core functions common to all positions in the class series. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, employees can complete job duties of a similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Reviews and analyzes financial transactions and records to determine accuracy and monitors adherence to agency budget, applicable agreements, grants, or contracts, as well as state or federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Analyzes, reconciles, and consolidates data to the general ledger from journals, records, and documents; takes trial balances and makes corrections, updates, and adjustments to bring funds into balance and maintains an audit trail.
- Reviews financial transactions, classification and codes to ensure accuracy and recommends changes.
- Provides advice and technical guidance on matters in assigned fiscal function(s).
- Compiles, analyzes and prepares a variety of statements and reports of financial health utilized in financial, budget, and personnel planning.
- Researches and provides data, reports and other documentation to state, federal and independent auditors and for other requests for financial information.
- Uses commercial and proprietary automated information systems and computer software to research, review, evaluate, and report on financial data.
- Delivers excellent customer service to internal and external customers and the public in person, electronically, or by written communication.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with people across cultures, ranges of ability, genders, ethnicities, ages, and races.
- May be responsible for purchasing, disbursement, and inventory of equipment and supplies.