at Christiana Care Health System in Middletown, Delaware, United States
The ChristianaCare General Laboratory Department, located at the Middletown campus, is currently recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist. This position is midnight shift. Every third weekend and two to three holidays per year required.
Experience in Chemistry and Hematology is strongly preferred.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science / ASCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment
When you become an employee at ChristianaCare, you are joining a robust healthcare organization that truly cares about their patients and their caregivers. For the second consecutive year, Forbes magazine has ranked ChristianaCare as one of the best large health systems to work for in the United States! Guided by excellence and love, our Caregivers enjoy a multitude of employee benefits that include:
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
403 (b) with an employer match
Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
12 week paid parental leave
About Christiana Care:
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, two hospitals (1,227 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.