at WSFS Bank in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionJob Description
As a Senior Full Stack Java Software Engineer at WSFS Bank on the Enterprise Application Engineering team, you serve as a seasoned member to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Your advanced technical skills and experience will contribute to modernizing our technology ecosystem, through a SOA approach of delivering high-quality code, efficient system performance, and seamless integration within our Enterprise Applications.
This position follows a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days a week remote.
- Utilize your extensive experience in developing and maintaining high-performing Java applications.
- Responsible for software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
- Create maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, CI/CD, test automation, secure development, TDD, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Build testing protocols to optimize performance, which will have direct impact on the user experience of our products.
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in applications and drives code hygiene and system architecture.
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, or related technology discipline and 5+ years of applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Experience with creating and influencing Domain Driven Design and implementation approach.
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java version +, Spring Boot, Restful Microservices, Azure and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Experience in both web development domains: the front end/UI development and the back-end development.
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking.
- Good to have working knowledge of Banking systems and Microsoft applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
Good to have Skills and Certifications:
- Certification in Google/Azure Cloud, AWS Associate level, Container and Kubernetes experience
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.