at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 500600
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
Pay Grade: 33E
Context of the Job:
Under limited direction of the Associate Director of Maintenance and Operations, the Small Projects Shop Manager manages and administrates the execution of small projects for university facilities that includes renovations, alterations, modifications, and installations which are small in scale and scope, within existing facilities.
Tasks include on-site facilitation, planning & scheduling, and supervision of 5-9 in-house trades staff and term contractors to execute work. Facilitates the use of centralized back-office services including procurement, MRO, vendor management, quality control, occupational safety, and maintenance management systems. Responsible for customer engagement strategy and work prioritization. The department interfaces with the University community, other departments within the Facilities organization, outside consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Supervises daily activities of one (1) Request For Services Manager, Project Manager and 5-9 mixed craft union trades staff. Contracts with 3rd party resources (contractors) to execute projects on time and within set budget.
- Participates in the planning of work including cost estimates, scope definition and pre-discovery activities to assure a robust planning and work execution process. Develops project scope, materials lists, labor resources to accomplish projects.
- Assigns specific tasks to assigned trades staff to complete the projects. Reviews work of contractors and assures compliance with project expectations and scope.
- Develops current and existing process management to improve the flow of work execution, chargebacks to customer accounts and ensure regular customer communication.
- Collaborates closely with other Facilities departments, units, and management levels to assure multi-lateral coordination.
- Assists in the overall maintenance management strategy by deploying work control practices consistent with the existing centralized program. Trains and creates consistency across staff on procedures and policy.
- Maximizes the utilization of the CMMS to receive, execute, and report upon work activity; uses metrics and reporting tools to track and analyze work.
- Required to understand and apply all work preparation activities including 3rd party documentation and administration.
- Reviews and interprets proposed work and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard; initiates revisions and approvals where appropriate; advises internal and external customers as to how to achieve the best required results.
- Provides mentoring and training to direct reports; provides problem solving through direct interaction with external and internal entities (i.e., department repr
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status