at Dot Foods, Inc. in Bear, Delaware, United States
Your Role: This position performs clerical duties associated with the dispatch department for Transportation.
* Phone management for all calls, messages, drivers etc.
* Assist with customer and vendor appointments and driver communication
* Utilize excel spreadsheet preparation and analysis
* Communicate with drivers on schedules and work assignments
* Enter and update operating systems with accurate data
* Serve as a backup for various DTI positions
* Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
* Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday Days
* Work Environment: Some exposure to garage / shop environment
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
* Competitive pay- Range: $18 per hour
* Highly competitive benefits package
* Family-friendly work environment
* Ongoing training and development
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work
locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
We Need You To Have:
* High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree
* Excellent mathematical and reading skills
* Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
We'd Like You To Have:
* Administrative / clerical experience preferred
* Effective professional verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in both team and independent settings
* Good organizational skills
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its
employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EOE/AA Employer- We will not discriminate in our employment practices due to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status