at Merck in Millsboro, Delaware, United States
Our Company’s Animal Health Division (AHD) is a BioTechnology Center of Excellence that performs vaccine production operations from antigen production through formulation, filling, and packaging.
With expertise in mammalian, insect, and avian cell culture production (anchorage & non-anchorage dependent), live bird vaccine production, embryonated egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production, down-stream processing, formulation, and fill technologies (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.), supplies and supports products for a wide range of species including poultry, equine, swine, bovine and companion animal.
This position will assist the Integrated Process Team Lead (IPT) and the Operations Manager to support the shop floor staff to ensure delivery of daily production outputs in a safe and compliant manner. This position is reinforcement in nature to allow more manager presence.
· Deputy shift manager
· Execute and deliver improvements of quality, safety, productivity, and variation reduction
· Deviation prevention | Coach and provide oversight on the shop floor to identify potential issues before they arise
· Document and investigate deviations and safety events to determine root causes | Develop, execute, and sustain CAPAs once the root cause is determined
· Organize and complete audits and inspections (safety, compliance, 5S, etc.)
· Complete process confirmation for Task Breakdown Sheets, SOPs, and other job instructions
· Respond to issues on the shop floor and escalate as necessary.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Associate degree in a related Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
· Bachelor’s degree in a related Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
Experience and Skills:
· Four (4) or more years of relevant experience in the vaccine and/or pharmaceutical Industry
· One (1) or more years of demonstrated leadership and project management experience
· Applied knowledge of aseptic techniques and aseptic operations
· Applied knowledge of scientific problem-solving
· Applied understanding of cGMP
· Demonstrated record of learning new skills, taking on new responsibilities, and continuously improving leadership skills
· Principled motivation and ambition to advance into manufacturing management roles
· Principled communication skills (Verbal and Written)
· Ability to read, write and understand technical information as well as communicate this information to colleagues at various levels
· Conduct and verify more advanced mathematical calculations and conversions (Statistics, metric conversions, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Working knowledge of SAP and Minitab
· Experience with sterile manufacturing equipment and processes
· Strategic and effective leadership and coaching skills and interest in people development and management
· Working knowledge of USDA, and OSHA compliance
· Experience with and exposure to Lean coaching methodologies (Kata, etc.)
· Position may require contact with various hazardous materials using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
· Could include Day | Night | Weekends
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, ple