at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
The position can be based out of any CDM Smith office. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
- Oversees, analyzes and distributes client billings for high priority and/or complex/unusual client contracts; provides instruction and support to less senior staff in processes and procedures. Performs all activities under limited supervision.
- Prepares client invoices for assigned group of contracts, including verifying contract terms, collating invoice packages, invoice distribution and filing and retention of invoice documentation.
- Participates in review, analysis, and resolution activities involving client billing.
- Develops and defines procedures, approaches and techniques for increasing the company’s billing function effectiveness.
- Performs client billing analyses of a moderately complex nature, including recommendations for resolving the cases.
- Performs other duties as required.
Senior Billing Accountant
OPS – Billings
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience working in a billing accounting role, in the engineering consulting (AEC) industry.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel & Adobe Pro.
- Previous experience working with Oracle or other large ERP system for billing purposes.
- Previous experience supporting federal projects for billing purposes.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain thorough knowledge of general accounting principles involving billings and receivables, as well as the client billing system and accompanying processes and procedures.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.