at Cheer Center in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
CHEER's mission is to to promote and maintain the highest quality of life and independence by developing and providing services that meet the continuing needs of individuals 50 plus. .
The primary focus of this position is the procurement, preparation and distribution of meals for congregate and homebound members/clients.
This listing is representative of the duties and responsibilities of the position, but is not to be construed as all inclusive:
• Responsible for preparation of daily meals according to monthly menu.
• Daily meeting with Central Kitchen cooks to discuss prep and next days’ meal.
• Determine time sequence of cooking operations to meet meals serving hours.
• Cooks or assist as necessary.
• Oversee and coordinate the work of the cooks engaged in preparing meals to ensure adherence to recipes, quality and food service standards according to Serv Safe and Delaware Food Code.
• Responsible for on-site training of Central Kitchen staff and requests training as needed from the Nutrition Program Director.
• Order and schedule delivery of all food products and supplies necessary to prepare daily meals in a timely manner and in accordance with budgetary constraints.
• Responsible for ensuring all resources allocated to Central Kitchen, including food, supplies and equipment, are utilized and stored properly and effectively and that operational and regulatory procedures are followed.
• Inspect Central Kitchen daily to ensure conformance to government and agency safety and sanitation requirements.
• Routine inspection of all the site kitchens a minimum of 3 sites per month on rotating basis.
• Prepare financial kitchen inventory and other reports as required by the Program Director on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Keep records and make reports on expenditures and usage. Estimate cost of food consumed and compiles cost control records.
• Responsible for ensuring the proper use of safety and sanitation procedures such as: temperature monitoring, clean equipment, proper storage of leftover food holding techniques. Proper use of hair nets, hand washing, aprons, gloves and other sanitation techniques.
• Assure all Centers receive items for production and requisitioned timely & accurately.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning & directing work, appraising work performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems of Central Kitchen and Site Kitchen staff.
• Maintaining open communication with all staff & management.
• Maintaining accurate forms & logs: projected meal count, production sheets & temp logs.
• Contributes to team effort by performing other related duties as assigned or required.