at Christiana Care Health System in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Do you want to work at one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the nation? We are guided by our values ofLoveandExcellenceand are passionate about delivering health, not just health care. Come join us atChristianaCare!
Analyze, design, and implement projects, solutions and quality and safety improvements in Cerner Millennium PowerChart in a rapidly expanding, development partner environment. Support health system requests for new orders, tasks, documentation changes, workflow improvements, and virtual technology. Perform analysis, testing, and troubleshooting for PowerChart solutions with upgrades and software changes. Understanding and troubleshooting of mpages, dynamic documentation, Dragon, and system interfaces is a plus. Provide daytime and off hours troubleshooting and on-call support. Possess solid skills with Cerner Millennium configuration tools and an understanding of healthcare system operations is desired. Experience supporting other EMR applications will be considered.
- Define problems, analyze implications, recommend creative solutions, and implement changes in a dynamic team environment.
- Evaluate, design, code, test, and implement custom or vendor supplied systems software to effectively respond to the business and clinical requirements.
- Participate in design and process changes regarding the Electronic Medical Record.
- Design applications and workflows demonstrating best practice configuration to meet business and functional requirements.
- Analyze and resolve complex issues that impact the Electronic Medical Record following service level agreement timeline.
- Provide application support and participate in on-call rotation.
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive test plans.
- Document all work per IT standards and process including following industry standard change control and communications processes.
- Assist and coordinate in the documentation of systems policies and procedures as well as training materials.
- Work effectively on project teams and meet deadlines in accordance to project manager's expectations.
- Proactively remain well-informed of Cerner PowerChart development, upgrades and solution advancements through ucern and user communities.
Knowledge/skills & abilities:
- Practical experience with project delivery and systems development life cycles.
- Excellent verbal communications and customer-relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate technology to the customer so they are comfortable with using it and perceive value in the service provided.
- Excellent written skills and experience with documentation of issues and resolutions.
- Ability to forge strong working partnerships within Information Technology.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively in both oral and written form with all levels of hospital personnel and all patient groups.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with co-workers, clinical and medical staff and interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex application systems problems and provide resolutions/recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize many tasks, show excellent judgment and work independently.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications including word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:The ideal candidate for this position would have a bachelor's or master's degree in information systems, healthcare or business administration or related healthcare field. They would have experience with acute clinical workflows and knowledge of Cerner Millennium applications. Experience with Cerner Millennium build tools is a plus.
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
12 week paid parental leave
Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets... For full info follow application link.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.