at DART - Delaware Transit Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionJob ID 704531 Location - New Castle County Full / Part Time Regular Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Pay Rate: $16.58/HR - (Two year progression to top rate $20.72/HR)
District: New Castle County
Department: Customer Experience
Section: Customer Service
Classification: FT- 40 Hours/Week
Scheduled Hours: Varied Scheduled Days: Varied
Under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor in the Customer Service Section within the Marketing & Public Affairs Department, the Information Center Specialist provides DART First State route and schedule information to customers and the general public for transit services statewide; periodically attends community meetings; provides feedback to internal and external customers and performs office work as required; performs other duties in functional area of responsibility, as assigned. This position reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Provide route, schedule, and service information to the public.
- Receive telephone and written requests for DART First State routes and schedules.
- Relay correct route and schedule information on DART services statewide, including DART First State Rail service.
- Provide other general information as requested.
- Convey information to customers in a polite, professional manner.
- Mail schedules/maps.
- Assist with foreign language calls through interpreter service.
- Serve as Lost-and-Found Coordinator
- Receive lost-and-found items.
- Inventory and store items.
- Attempt to locate owner of items through established process.
- Report calls received from the public seeking lost articles.
- Advise appropriate DART First State personnel, i.e. Dispatchers, to check DART property for lost items.
- Disburse found items to proper owner.
- Arrange for disposal of unclaimed items in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend route and other job specific training, as required.
- Provide reports, information and assistance to Customer Service administrative staff as required.
- Represent DART at customer outreach functions, events, etc., as required.
- Assist in training new Information Center Specialists.
- Transfer non-Information Center related calls to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other duties in functional area of responsibility as required.