at DART - Delaware Transit Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID 704487 Location - New Castle County Full / Part Time Regular/Temporary Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Pay Grade: Pay Rate: $28.36
District: New Castle County
Contract: 8FR _X_ 8DR ___ 32 ___ N/C ___
Scheduled Hours: Varied Scheduled Days: Varied
Summary of Position
The Mechanic Helper is responsible for general maintenance on vehicles and equipment to include the minor repair and replacement of major vehicle components. Responsible for the daily assignment and control of vehicles in support of service requirements.
Responsible for general maintenance on vehicles and equipment to include the minor repair of both interior and exterior components. Assist Mechanics in the diagnosis, repair and replacement of major vechicle components. Responsible for the daily assignment and control of vehicles in support of service requirements. Perform functions of lower classification.
Responsible to: FLEET AND EQUIPMENT FOREMAN
New Hire Sign on Bonus!
All Mechanic and Mechanic Helper PositionsResponsibilities
- Perform minor maintenance on all vehicles and equipment.
- Perform interior maintenance on vehicles to include removal and replacement of equipment.
- Perform exterior maintenance on vehicles to include body panels, mirros, lighting, windshield wiper system, glass, and bumpers.
- Perform tire maintenance to include mounting/dismounting, repair, regroove, balance, and match all changes. Report all tire change by serial number to Inventory Control.
- Perform general body panel repair and painting.
- Perform road calls to include towing by wrecker when required and general repair of vehicles off site.
- Assist Mechanics in the performance of major vehicle component repairs.
- Coordinate with the availability of parts and materials with Inventory Control for assigned task.
- Coordinate all work order completions with the Fleet and Equipment Foreman.
- Comply with all DART Safety Policies. Wear appropriate safety protective quipment i.e., goggles, gloves, steel-toed shoes, as designated by the DART System Safety Program.
- Comply with training and testing necessary to maintain technical proficiency and certification requirements.
DTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation, applicants may call (302) 760-2891. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
$2000 to New Hires with a CDL B Permit with Passenger Endorsement No Airbrake Restrictions
$3000 to New Hires with a CDL B License with Passenger Endorsement No Airbrake Restrictions