at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R159588
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Machine Learning Engineering - Fraud Intelligence (Remote Eligible)
As a Capital One Director, Machine Learning Engineering in the Card Tech Machine Learning Engineering organization, you'll be providing technical leadership to Agileteams dedicated to productionizing machine learning applications and systems at scale. You'llparticipate in the detailed technical design, development, and implementation of machinelearning applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agileenvironment, you'll serve as a technical domain expert and leader in machine learning, guiding machinelearning architectural design decisions, developing and reviewing model and application code,and ensuring high availability and performance of our machine learning applications. You will lead engineering teams who build, operate, support, and set the strategy for Fraud detection machine learning models, feature calculation and data engineering. You'll havethe opportunity to continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best practices inmachine learning engineering. You'll also hire, retain, and mentor other engineers and further develop yourtechnical knowledge and skills to keep Capital One at the cutting edge of technology.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Python, Spark, Databases, ML Notebooks, MLOps, Hadoop, Graph, Docker, Chef, Maven, Kubeflow Pipelines, AWS, and Kubernetes and deep experience of building operationally sound systems.
What you'll do in the role:
* Deliver ML models and software components that solve challenging business problems in the financial services industry, working in collaboration with the Product, Architecture,Engineering, and Data Science teams.
* Drive the creation and evolution of ML models and software that enable state-of-the-art intelligent systems.
* Lead large-scale ML initiatives with the customer in mind.
* Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver optimized ML models atscale.
* Optimize data pipelines to feed ML models.
* Use programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
* Evangelize best practices in all aspects of the engineering and modeling lifecycles.
* Recruit, nurture, and retain top engineering talent.
Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity.
* Bachelor's degree.
* At least 10 years of experience designing and building data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
* At least 6 years of experience programming with Python, Scala, or Java.
* At least 5 years of people management experience.
* At least 5 years of experience leading software engineering teams.
* At least 3 years of experience with the full ML development lifecycle using moderntechnology in a business critical setting.
* Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
* At least 3 years of experience building production-ready data pipelines that feed ML models.
* At least 8 years of experience within a large/data-intensive multi-line business environment.
* Expertise designing, implementing, and scaling complex production-ready data pipelinesfor ML models.
* Experience partnering with technology peers responsible for data architecture and distributed computing infrastructure/platforms.
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
* Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills.
* ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers, blog posts, open source contributions, or patents.
* Ability to attract and develop high-performing software engineers with an inspiringleadership style.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for thisposition.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.