at City of Dover in Dover, Delaware, United States
Do you have what it takes to be part of our team? The City of Dover is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Motor Equipment Operator II in the Streets Division. The essential function of this position within the organization is to perform operational maintenance and repair with the City’s right-of-way which includes sidewalks and pavement maintenance and repair. The successful candidate will work under a varying degree of supervision and represent the City positively while performing job functions. Normal duty hours are 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. Overtime is required as needed.
- Operate hand and power tools (i.e.: jackhammer) to perform tasks such as but not limited to, road repair, concrete work, brickwork repair/replacement, pothole repair, crack sealing, sinkhole repair and manual digging or filling
- Operate motor equipment to transport materials, tools, equipment or personnel to job sites, load or haul dirt, and puck up debris from job sites
- Inspect motor equipment and perform operator maintenance and inspection record(s)
- Respond and resolve customer complaints professionally
- Assist with traffic control, snow removal and other work requirements as needed
- Complete job-related logs and forms and assist in providing information to the public