at CDM Smith in Newark, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith is seeking an IT Business Analyst to join our Corporate Business Technology team working on our Integration project.
The ideal candidate will:
• Serve as the functional and subject matter authority for the Boomi integration solution and act as the liaison between product, technology, business and governance teams.
• Partner with the Product Owner to define the product roadmap, owning the structure and content of the product backlog.
• Lead stakeholder interviews, workshops, and other requirements gathering sessions.
• Write user stories that effectively communicate stakeholder requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams.
• Define and work within an agile project governance framework (e.g., establish team cadence, facilitate Scrum events, manage dependencies, issues and risks).
• Support and contribute to architectural decisions and discussions, jointly document data integration processes.
• Drive delivery across multiple domains, e.g., define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables with engineering leads.
• Lead QA in the execution of test plans and verification of sprint feature releases.
• Facilitate UAT and business acceptance, jointly document test scenarios and success criteria plus coordination of UAT.
• Work with business and technical team to resolve technical blockers and answer questions.
• Assist the development team in helping to build, configure and test integrations between applications.
• Consult with other IT groups, provides business system knowledge and expertise as required.
• Provide user and application support for escalated IT issues.
• Provide support/guidance to the subject matter experts in design, testing and training and business process.
• Review test cases and test results with the business and technical teams.
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert advising business partners on form, fit, and functionality for integration initiative.
• Provide advice in area of expertise outside of the business analysis group.
• Perform other duties as required.
Must be able to work Eastern Time Zone hours.
Senior IT Business Analyst – Integrations (Remote Options)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 5 years of related experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• 5 years managing software projects.
• Experience with Boomi platform.
• Strong knowledge of enterprise information systems implementation and integrations.
• Experience with Hub and Spoke integrations and processes.
• Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
• Solid knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean.
• Experience with all Scrum events including sprint planning, daily Scrum, sprint review, and retrospective.
• Ability to coordinate with leadership to drive the integration program forward.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Solid knowledge of architecture frameworks.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Visio.
• Expert ability to understand technical and managerial materials.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.