at Fiserv in Dover, Delaware, United States
What does a great Relationship Manager do?
Assume the relationship management role in leading the Fiserv overall business relationship with a portfolio of bank solutions clients from a strategic and consultative perspective. Serving as the primary contact for the client’s executive and/ or senior level managers, the Relationship Manager is responsible for managing and growing the overall (pan-Fiserv) relationship with senior-level decision makers and influencers at assigned clients to create customer loyalty and increase revenues.
• Serves as primary point of contact and information resource to clients, sales support, marketing, and management regarding ongoing operations
• Obtain assigned sales quota through contract renewals and the sale of various products and services to assigned client portfolio in partnership with product sales SMEs
• Carries out day to day maintenance of daily operations for assigned client portfolio
• Responsible for retaining customers through proactive contacts, thorough follow-up on outstanding issues, and professional contract negotiations
• Maintain industry and product knowledge, an understanding of customers’ needs and concerns while continuously promoting a positive company image
• Under limited direction, meets or exceeds corporate goals regarding revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Job Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related discipline is preferred OR equivalent experience with a High School diploma
• 3+ years in financial industry, with bank management, operations, sales experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience managing and growing relationships with large/complex financial organizations preferred
• Experience in sales and negotiating techniques are preferred.
• Must have knowledge of business and operations in the financial industry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications and group presentation skills.
• Must be able to organize activities and handle multiple projects simultaneously, effectively and with timely follow-up on each.
• Possess a positive attitude while operating under pressure, and be an independent problem-solver.
• May be required to train others (client and internal staff) in area of technical expertise.
• While this position has no direct reports, it does require interaction with subordinates and other staff members to ensure client satisfaction
• Proven ability to interface with senior management or executives and requires minimal supervision and direction.
• Requires ability to influence at multiple levels internally and externally to accomplish business goals
• Proficiency in working with Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Additional special training in banking is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Fiserv systems is helpful
• Fundamental knowledge of computer systems including host-based systems, especially financial data processing systems highly desirable
Travel Required: approximately 50-60% domestic travel