at First State Orthopaedics in Newark, Delaware, United States
The AR representative is responsible for reconciling discrepancies and collecting on delinquent accounts. Presents a positive image to supporting staff members and patients at all times.
- Review patient’s past due statements, research and reconcile outstanding items.
- Maintain account receivable reports.
- Collection of pre-surgical fees.
- Maintain the account s receivable within company goals.
- Ability to communicate with employers, insurance companies, attorney offices and patients regarding delinquent accounts..
- Review EOB’s.
- Submit appeals to insurance carriers.
- Verify patients insurance.
- Independently compose correspondence.
- Send letter of protection when PIP is exhausted.
- Computer documentation on status of claim.
- Provides financial counseling to patients and their families regarding charges for health care services. Assist financially responsible person in arranging payment schedules.
- Ability to interface with support departments and articulate issues and concerns.
- Processing mail.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and situations that require tact, judgment, poise and professionalism.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Organizational responsibilities: promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency situations; sharing problems relating to patients or staff with immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
Physical/Mental Demands: High levels of mental concentration are required. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and subject to interruptions. Physical effort requires sitting for long periods of time and repetitive movements consisting of reaching with hands and arms; moderate typing on computer. Manual dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to speak and hear are required.