at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
- We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial remote or fully remote schedules for this position.**
CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm. The Industrial group is responsible for large-scale industrial facilities, plant designs expansions and modifications. As an Architect at CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging design build projects in chemical, power, metals, rubber and plastics and energy markets.
The Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, program, and formulate building design and prepare design presentation and construction contract documents.
- Develop building design criteria directly with clients. Lead preparation of presentation materials and make presentations.
- Lead development and coordination of building design and construction contract documents with architectural and multi-discipline engineering staff.
- Guide junior architectural staff on multi-discipline projects.
- Determination of construction materials, technologies and methodologies for detailing and specifications.
- Compliance with applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations, including coordination with agencies having jurisdiction.
- Support development of project budgets and schedules, both internal and external.
- Support sales, creating proposal renderings and documents in response to client request for proposals.
Architect 6(Industrial/Remote Options)
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. 11 years of related experience. Must possess RA certification. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid technical knowledge and design application knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of technologies and methodologies in the use of construction materials.
- Expert knowledge of Building Information Modeling and software, preferably Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD. Familiarity with rendering software programs.
- Expert knowledge of basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.