at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Team Leader, the Custodian is responsible for performing janitorial duties in buildings on campus and in the community at cleaning contract locations, as required.
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Report all injuries and work place accidents to supervisor on a timely basis.
- Empty all trash cans, replace liners, and clean receptacles as necessary.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish and buff floors.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clear, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment at all times.
- Previous experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Must have basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willingness to learn.
- Ability to use and understand SDS sheets.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings, and criminal background checks through CJIS as stated in Family Law Article 5-561.
And most importantly...
- Must be a strong advocate of the Benedictine mission to help children and adults with developmental disabilities achieve their greatest potential, and be motivated to contribute to the mission with pride and integrity.