at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Oct 24, 2022Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is looking for a Programming Analyst for an Award-Winning Cancer Institute!
Project Location: Buffalo, New York
Job Title: Programming Analyst
Description: Full-time (permanent position)
Provides a variety of IT programming and systems analyst support for both vendor-based and in-house developed applications on the IT Research Team. Supports the technical and data management needs for a wide variety of cancer research related departments. The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, and ongoing support of web-based software applications. Supports all phases of the SDCL with the goal of improving and advancing technologies that support cancer research. Will work in a team setting and be responsible for supporting multiple applications, contributing to configuration and development efforts, participate in both operational and project activities, and provide end user application support.
Summary of Duties:
- Assists in the analysis of present systems and operations; documents existing procedures and operating methods; defines requested data requirements; analyzes documentation files and reports; assists as directed in the design of improved systems and methods.
- Confers with user departments, vendors, and Information Technology team to develop requirements, application functionality, develops prototypes, creates documentation.
- Works directly with vendors and IT team members in support of applications.
- Integrates disparate systems via API, web services, HL7 interface etc.
- Follows best practice development methodologies including source control, testing and QA validation process.
- Queries, creates reports, manages data sets, provides back-end database management.
- Configures, codes, debugs, and documents efforts, monitors configuration/code execution and initiates modifications as needed; resolves production errors, re-tests corrected code/configuration to ensure quality output.
- Takes responsibility for all project/program documentation, Information Technology operations documentation, user documentation, and user training when applicable.
- Provides 24-hour support for systems errors in area of expertise, as required.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, and compliance standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development by participating in educational programs, reading current literature, and participating in in-service meetings and workshops.
- Prepares other written documentation as required by the profession and the department; maintains, distributes, analyzes, and projects information for required records, reports and statistics as directed.
Attends meetings as required. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or a related field and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience in programming of mainframe or PC information systems as it relates to technology used at the organization.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Application Management & Support
- Education Level: None
- Work Remote: TBD
- Travel: No