at Rogers Corporation in Bear, Delaware, United States
The maintenance mechanic will function as part of a team to provide maintenance, electrical and mechanical support to the production teams to meet the goals of the facility. This position will communicate mechanical and electrical issues and take direction from the department supervisor on a daily basis.
- Provide maintenance, electrical and mechanical support to production teams by troubleshooting equipment. Understand the instrumentation and perform repairs as needed.
- Assemble, install, dismantle and repair machinery, pumps, motors, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electrical systems.
- Plan, layout and perform all required operations incident to the installations, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment within the facility. Make proper connections to panels, electronic units, etc.
- Perform general repairs to all types of machines or equipment. Tear down units, determine extent of troubles, repair or replace defective parts and reassemble. Replace parts such as bearing, gears, shafts, worn or broken units or equipment elements. Install and wire motors for a variety of standard and special purpose machines and equipment.
- Removal and/or installation of machines and equipment.
- Install all types of conduit, making bends, threading and reaming where necessary.
- Perform ordinary machining operations using lathe, milling machine, grinder, drill press, etc.
- Ability to weld using tig, stick, or mig.
- Perform general building maintenance work including plumbing and HVAC.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Experience and commitment to fulfilling the preventative maintenance program including all cleaning, lubrication and adjustments to equipment and machines.
- Participate in the company safety program and maintain clean and organized work areas.
- Maintain safe work environment, keeping area clean.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the training of new employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree or Journeyman papers
- Minimum of 5 years relevant maintenance, electrical and mechanical experience
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Be willing to work with operations and other maintenance team members to achieve the operations critical objectives
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs/systems.
- Technical School (4 year program)
- Minimum of 7 years relevant maintenance, electrical and mechanical experience
- Forklift certification
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity