at Delaware Department of Correction in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Performs routine maintenance and preventative maintenance on equipment, interior and exterior of facility which may include replacing light bulbs, lubricating pumps, cleaning filters, checking fan belts, and inspecting gauges and pumps.
- Performs minor and basic repairs in trade areas such as plumbing, painting, carpentry, installs masonate and tile, repairs door locks, window blinds and tracks and wall boards.
- Assists in machinery and equipment repair.
- Assists in groundkeeping activities, snow/ice removal, grass cutting, trash removal.
- Assists technical supervisor in plumbing, building repairs and structural additions when required and may assist in the operation of treatment and disposal plants and basic repairs to other system elements when necessary.
- Operates machinery and vehicles, transports passengers, tools, equipment and materials, and assists in maintaining and servicing equipment.
- Supervises an inmate work crew in the performance of assigned duties; maintains security of all tools, supplies, equipment and assigned inmates at all times; includes body searches of inmates, tool count, live body count and material inventory.