at New Castle County Government in New Castle, Delaware, United States
• May perform duties of other Community Service Workers in addition to those listed below;
• Petty cash custodian;
• Back-up change fund custodian;
• Back-up Serials processor;
• Coordinates submissions for quarterly program guide;
• Coordinates volunteers;
• Fields questions and concerns of library patrons; refers to senior management as needed;
• Performs clerical and administrative work as needed;
• Performs timekeeping duties;
• Manages customer accounts, taking payments or documents;
• Assists with time and attendance;
• Orders office supplies as needed.
• Assists Library Director to develop and plan new training opportunities in the computer lab;
• Assists guest trainers when necessary;
• Assists Library Manager to develop and plan new programs and activities;
• Performs outreach efforts;
• Completes program planning and evaluation guide for library programming;
• Sets up rooms for programs;
• Requires work on a computer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the area to which the employee is assigned; ability to supervise others; ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to maintain records and prepare written reports; ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions; dependability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: At least three (3) years of experience in work related to the duties to be performed (experience must have been at the supervisory level if the duties of the position require supervision) and possession of a high school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Preference may be given to applicants who are bilingual in Spanish and English.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid Delaware Class D driver's license or its equivalent if it is required of the duties of the position. Must pass a Class III County physical examination if required of the duties of the position. Must pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
c/o Department of Community Services
77 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720