at Harrison Senior Living in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
“Looking for a career with a purpose? Join our family!”
Harrison Senior Living has been awarded the "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!" through the Activated Insights® Survey Group. 74% of our employees say this is a great place to work!
At Harrison Senior Living we are dedicated to providing our residents with the very best in independent senior care and assisted living so their families can have peace of mind. Our home-like atmospheres offer a comfortable environment with the security of knowing that exceptional care is being given at all times.
In keeping with the ideals of our founders and owners/operators, only those with the strongest work ethics and highest standards comprise our teams. Aligned professionals are encouraged to keep in touch.
Summary: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) at our community are responsible for assisting our residents with their activities of daily living, assisting with transferring, transporting and turning or re-positioning residents. If you are customer service driven and enjoy seeing the rewards of your hard work and dedication, we invite you to apply for one of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) positions available at Harrison House of Georgetown
- Assist residents with daily bath, dressing, grooming, dental care, bowl and bladder functions, preparation for medical tests and exams, ear and eye care and positioning in and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, etc.
- Provide nursing functions as directed by supervisor including daily perineal care, catheter care, change dressings, turn residents in bed, sponge baths, measure and record temperature, pulse and respirations, weigh and measure residents, perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures and observe and report presence of skin breakdowns; review care plans daily; report changes in resident conditions to supervisor; and, record all necessary charting entries and report all accidents and incidents.
- Prepare residents for meals and snacks; identify food arrangement and assist in feeding residents as needed; record food and fluid intake; and, perform after-meal resident care
- Maintain resident confidentiality; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; how and comply with Residents’ rights rules; and, promptly report all resident complaints, accidents and incidents to supervisor.
- Assist as directed in proper admission, transfer and discharge of residents; inventory resident possessions and report food articles and medications found in resident rooms; and, report defective equipment to administration.
- Understand and use Universal Precautions and follow established infections control, hazardous communication and other safety rules; ensure cleanliness of assigned resident’s rooms; properly maintain and record resident restraints; and, promptly report all violations of safety and sanitation rules to supervisor.
- Attend and participate in orientation, training, educational activities and staff meetings.