at II-VI Incorporated in Newark, Delaware, United States
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Member of prototype fabrication team:
- Project planning, execution, tracking and reporting
- Develop and improve processing methods for inorganic composite materials (preform fabrication, metal casting, mold production and assembly, programming and operation of advanced furnaces, programming and operation of CNC machining centers, and other associated activities)
- Characterization of materials properties
- Measurement of dimensions, both manually and via computer controlled CMMs
- Interface with outside entities (raw materials suppliers, equipment vendors, toll manufacturers and test labs)
- Transfer successful products to Manufacturing, including writing documentation and conducting training
Education & Experience
AAS in engineering/science field (HS with strong practical experience considered)
Relevant certifications a strong plus, such as CAM, CAD, ISO, Black Belt, CMM, others
- Familiarity with manufacturing and/or lab environment
- Experience with advanced equipment (materials processing, furnaces, CNC machining centers, CMMs, etc.)
- Knowledge of assembly operations
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Aptitude to write procedures and train manufacturing employees
Position requires on-site activities for prototype fabrication (this is not a work from home position).
Work schedule is 5 days, 40 hrs per week, first shift.
Hands-on, lab-based job environment:
- Required to frequently lift/push/pull a minimum of 35 lbs
- Must be able to sit, bend, squat and walk about facility
- Depending on project assignment, may be required to walk/stand for entire 8 hour day
- Safety shoes
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (where needed)
- Other PPE as assigned
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
- To meet quality guidelines, lot traceability is required for all prototypes. Employee must maintain excellent records of raw materials used and process steps taken for each component that is produced.
- Moreover, employee will be involved in process improvement activities through the quality system, such as 8D, Kaizen, Lean and others.
Ensure adherence to company's values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at II-VI:
I ntegrity - Create an Environment of Trust
C ollaboration - Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
A ccountability - Own the Process and the Outcome
R espect - Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm - Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity