at WSFS Bank
Job DescriptionPosition type: Full-time
Location: Wayne, PA or Wilmington, DE
Schedule: Monday – Friday
The Senior Real Estate Review Appraiser will be the primary contact and consultant for all real estate valuation services for the Commercial Banking division. The incumbent will maintain the Bank’s appraisal system per the loan policy requirement and respond directly to the Relationship Managers, Customer, and Vendor inquiries to resolve valuation issues. The incumbent will provide monthly and quarterly reports, including appraiser efficiency and internal service level agreements.
- Performs real estate appraisal reviews in accordance with Loan Policy.
- Provides internal valuations and/or evaluations for lending and collateral decisions in accordance with loan policy requirements.
- Coordinating engagement and independent review for appraisal/evaluation reports for compliance with regulatory requirements and Loan Policy.
- Maintains reporting information on the status of each appraisal associated with the commercial and retail divisions.
- Maintains valuation information for real estate in the Bank's footprint.
- Assists in maintaining the Bank's list of approved appraisers to ensure only the highest quality appraisers are performing valuations for the Bank.
- Maintains reporting information on the status of each appraisal associated with the commercial division (date of last appraisal, due date of next appraisal, etc…)
- Assists in reporting economic and market conditions data and analysis throughout the US and the region for quarterly distribution.
- Maintains quality control reporting for all appraisal vendors in accordance with Interagency Guidelines.
- Reviews and approves vendor payments in accordance with Bank's approval authority matrix.
- Orders, tracks and receives environmental reports consistent with Loan Policy.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the valuation or other real estate related field.
- Must have experience within the appraisal or banking environment.
- Must have a state appraisal License or the equivalent experience. Appraisal certification is preferred.
- Must have solid understanding and adherence to established policy and procedures and procedures must be blended with good judgement.
- Ability to assist in training Specialist I & II's about appraisal and review methodology along with RES systems and procedures.
- Ability to recommend more efficient methods for processing within the scope of the job.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Must have strong analytical and communication (interpersonal) skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.